Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Peyton Manning's Wife - Ashley Manning


What is Peyton Manning's wife's name? Ashley Manning is the wife of Peyton Manning. She exudes charm like a true Southern belle, and despite having lived in Indy for five years, she still has the drawl of the Old South.


Ashley Manning is the epitome of a modern working woman. The bright, attractive, fun-loving 31-year-old is full of energy. Her days are filled with projects and interests far beyond her famous husband’s job as the quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.


The notably private young woman was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn., one of four children. She has an older sister, Allison, and a younger brother and sister, Will and Leigh. Her father, Bill, is an investment banker and commercial real estate developer.
Her mother, Marsha, was a stay-at-home mom. Volunteerism and giving were ingrained in her at an early age.

She was introduced to Peyton (not Payton) by her parents’ next-door neighbor the summer before Peyton’s Manning's freshman year in college.

The neighbor had played football at the University of Tennessee and hosted Peyton on a recruiting trip. The neighbor thought Ashley and Peyton would be perfect for each other. Ashley remembers her first impression of Peyton was that he seemed very genuine. The neighbor proved to be a good matchmaker. The couple married in Memphis on St. Patrick’s Day in 2001.
Manning realizes she is important to Peyton’s career. “The way I really help Peyton is that I don’t demand a lot of his time,” she says. “He’s willing to give it, but I’m not the type of person that is nagging on him. I think that helps him. He’s able to do what he needs to do and I’m very independent. I do a lot of my own things.”


She has heard that people think she is aloof. “I like to stay out of the spotlight,” she says. “People may think I am aloof, but I’m not, and I am not shy by any means, but I always let Peyton shine.”


Her sister agrees. “In the last year, she has become more recognized, but she definitely does not seek the limelight,” Luter says.

No comments: